Public School Busing for Fishhawk
We are receiving many calls for cost effective transportation to public schools in the Fall of 2016.
According to The Hillsborough County Website as of April 3, 2017, "Students who live less than two miles from a school will not be eligible for transportation based on the State Board of Education rule 6A 3.001(3). The 2-mile radius rule is as follows: "A reasonable walking distance for any student who is not otherwise eligible for transportation pursuant to Section 1011.68, Florida Statutes, is any distance not more than two (2) miles between the home and school or one and one-half (1 1/2) miles between the home and the assigned bus stop." Transportation will be provided to students that live closer than the 2-mile radius based on the state criteria for Hazardous Conditions. The District Safety Office verifies the need for busing due to safety hazards. Options that include transportation for each area are located on the district (SDHC website.)
Not Your Mother's Taxi, currently provides door to door transportation to the Fishhawk residents and children in Fishhawk schools for $8 per ride. Withthe increased demand we are looking at purchasing School buses to be able to offer a much lower rate for Fishhawk Transportation. We would like parents to fill out a questionaire so we may better design a program to meet your needs. We are think at this time that we would like to offer 2 rides per day for $6. This would be to school in the morning and home from school in the afternoon for $6 per day
Do you live in Fishhawk, Riverview , Valrico or Brandon?
Do you have a student who attends a school in Tampa?
Do you need transportation to that school?
We would like to offer shuttle service to Tampa schools but need to know what schools you need service for and the time that school starts. Rather then try to get enough students from one Tampa school we are think of offering service to several schools in Tampa. Ideally we have common pick up areas in the morning and students wait for our bus to pick them up at these common areas. This could be Park Square in Fishhawk, Target on Bloomingdale, Publix on Boyette and Mc Mullen. (these are only examples). Once we know which schools we will have students for, we will set pick locations and times to make sure your student makes it to school on time. At this time we are not offering afternoon service as our buses are already full from 2pm-530 each day.
If this program sounds interesting and you would like to let us know about your needs, please fill out our school form which will give us your details. Once we have enough data collected we will contact you and discuss the options we have. If you would like to discuss options now, please call us at 813-406-8294.
Click Here > How To Make A Reservation -use this handy guide to become familiar with our reservation system
The schools we service include:
Elementary Schools Lithia Springs, Fishhawk Creek, Bevis, Stowers, Valrico Academy
Middle Schools Randal, Bell Creek,
High Schools Newsome, Bell Creek, Riverview
Not Your Mother's Taxi is collecting information for bus transportation this coming school year. We would like to see where the need is and design some bus routes to accommodate Fishhawk Residents. Our plan is to offer a flat rate for the entire school year which will include both morning and afternoon transportation to and from the neighborhood schools. First we need you to tell us where you live, what schools you need service for and how many kids will be going. Once we have this information we will post our program and have an official sign up page. In the mean time please follow the link below and fill out our questionnaire.
Unless you live in Fishhawk, Morning transportation to St. Stephens, Bell Creek and Valrico Academy is from pick up locations in Riverview. Outside of Fishhawk we pick up in South Riverview, near Summerfield, Panther Trace and on Symmes Rd. See the Map below. This differs from our Fishhawk door to door service where the bus picks up from your home address. The cost for morning transportation is $8 per ride.
If you need morning transportation to one of these schools and you are not near one of our morning stops, or need to have a pick up at your home address we will service areas in Riverview south of Boyette Rd if you sign up for every day morning service or have at least 2 passengers at your home pick up. You will need to call us to arrange this, our website will not let you select this option.
MORNING PICK UP SPOTS IN SOUTH RIVERVIEW. SUMMERFIELD, PANTHER TRACE AND SYMMES RD
The cost for transportation from Bell Creek or Valrico Academies to your home in one of our services towns is $8.00 per ride. If you ride in the morning and in the afternoon, this is considered 2 rides.
Bell Creek Afternoon PIck up is at 2:45 and Valrico Academy is at 3:30
Afternoon Service Area Currently, we offer afternoon transportation home from Valrico and Bell Creek Academies to Lithia, Brandon, Valrico, Riverview, parts of Apollo Beach and parts of Dover. Our drivers will text you a message when your student is on the bus and again when the student is at their destination. Our service is door to door. The student is delivered directly to the address you requested. Our drivers wait to see that the student has gone into their home before leaving for the next drop off location. Below is a map of our Current Service area for Afternoon Service.
Our Service area for Bell Creek and Valrico Academies
Riverview all areas south to Big Bend Rd and west to highway 301, including the communities along the western side of 301. Riverview addresses close to Bloomingdale are included. Communities east of 301 and immediately south of Big Bend Rd are also included. No service at this time for Apollo Beach.
Brandon - all areas north to Lumsden Rd and areas around the Brandon Hospital, The Brandon Library. No Service North of Hwy 60
Valrico -all areas north to highway 60 and the communities that are along highway 60
Lithia -all areas north of Browning Road on Lithia Pinecrest Rd
Dover -all areas north to highway 60 and the communities that are along highway 60. East to Dover Road
Apollo Beach- We will provide service to Apollo Beach only if there is enough demand. Please contact us to let us know you are interested by filling out the following form. Click here for the form. We will need a monthly commitment from at least 10 people to offer service to Apollo Beach, Waterset and Mira Bay.
don't see your neighborhood in our service area?
If we currently do not offer service to your neighborhood but you would like us to consider adding a route please use this contact form to give us your information. New Route Request
How It Works
ALL RIDES MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE, EVEN MORNING PICK UPS. RESERVATIONS ARE MADE IN ADVANCE ON OUR WEBSITE. yOU CAN MAKE A RESERVATION FOR ONE RIDE OR FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR
If you are unsure if your address is in our service area, call us at 813-406-8294 or fill out our contact form here.
To use this service you must be registered on our website. Once registered, you will need to add your passenger information. Reservations may be made up to TWO hours before it is needed, or made for future dates in advance You may pay for each reservation as you make it, or purchase a multiple ride package which places ride credits in your account. Ride credits are stored and only used when you make a reservation. They do not have to be used immediately.
Cost: $8.00 If you purchase a ride package in advance the ride credits stay in your account and are used when you make
- Afternoon Students are delivered directly to your home address. Our Driver waits to see that each passenger gains access to your home.
- Parents are sent text messages when we are about to arrive, again when we have picked up your student and once more when your passenger has safely reached their destination.
- Ride credits are stored in your account and 1 is deducted each time you make a reservation. regular service is not necessary. we are there when you need us.
- Our drivers are FBI background checked, finger printed at the county jail, licensed through Hillsborough county, drug tested, and their drivers license has been been checked for the past 15 years. Each driver wears a photo id badge issued by Hillsborough County.
What must you do to Start?
- You must register on our website ahead of time. Once Registered, add your passenegers. There is no cost to do this. Register Here
- Then purchase a package of rides. Ride “Credits” are stored in your account and used when you make a reservation. No need to use credits all at once.
- Next, Start making your reservations. Reservations can be made today for the upcoming school year.
When making a reservation, you put in the destination address you would like us to bring your student to.
- You will get a confirmation email once you make a reservation.
- You will receive another email the night before of your morning reservation and around noon of the same day for afternoon reservations.
- Our drivers will text you a message 5 minutes before arrival, again when your student is on the bus and again when the student is at their destination. If you want your home phone to ring, just select "Notify with Voice Message"
Not Your Mother's Taxi offers door to door transportation for kids under 18 for $10 per ride. Your pick up address and destination must be within 5 miles of Park Square.
- First you will need to register on our website.
- Once Registered you will need to ad your passenger information.
- If you are only needing one ride then you can make your reservation and pay as you go. However if you are going to make multiple reservations then you might consider purchasing a "Package of Rides" Before making a reservation. Ride packages allow you to store credits in your account and use them when you make a reservation. This conveniently bypasses the need to enter your credit card information each time you make a reservation.
This is what the reservation form looks like:
- School Reservations are made with a different screen. For some schools we offer service outside the Fishhawk area